Kultrun World Music Festival
Time & Location
About the Event
This year the Kultrun World Music Festival will be a series of free online concerts from October 14-17. Each one-hour concert will present 3 different musical performances streamed on YouTube and Facebook.
The videos will be streamed starting at 8:00 pm each night. You can watch on YouTube or on Facebook. We recommend that you subscribe to your channel of choice (or both!) and turn on notifications so that you'll be reminded when the video starts.
TO WATCH ON YOUTUBE
TO WATCH ON FACEBOOK
Thursday, October 14, 8pm
- Pascuala Ilabaca: Chilean singer & songwriter whose music is rooted in traditional sounds effortlessly integrates jazz, pop & rock gathered in such places as India or Mexico
- 14 Hours: Arabic Jazz featuring the multicultural atmosphere of Canada by mixing Middle Eastern microtonal sound with jazz harmony and rhythm
- eKhaya: a blend of Afro Jazz, Afro-beat, Rhythm & Blues, Rock and Regae, with a warm and engagng presence and charismatic music style.
Friday, October 15, 8 pm
- Majd Sekkar: a Syrian Canadian clarinetist, notable for his fusion music and unique sound.
- Fernanda Cunha: international Brazilian jazz singer and songwriter Fernanda will perform some of the finest Brazilian bosa nova songs, sambas and originals
- Montuno Police: six accomplished musicians playing original compositions and mixing the harmonic and improvisational traditions of North American Jazz with influences of Fro-Cuban, Brazilian and Arabic music.
Saturday, October 16, 8 pm
- Clefs of Moher: This Celtic-inspired modern 11-piece jazz band creates a unique sound that fuses jazz, classical and Celtic music.
- Balaklava Blues: a new Ukrainian folk-dubstep duo, astounding vocals accompanied by trap, trance and electro-pop influenced tracks
- Wesli : prolific songwriter, guitarist and producer, his music links Haitian voudou and rara with roots, Afrobeat and hip hop.
Sunday, October 17, 8 pm
- Juneyt Trio: This trio performs a range of music from classical turkish songs to flamenco and nuevo flamenco
- Olga Carrasco: a Russian-Chilean artist, Olga performs Chinina, a one-man band that will surprise and amaze!
- Collectivo Ensemble: celebrating the kaleidoscope of Afro-influenced music of the Americas Collectivo explores Afro-Latin rhythms from Peru, Colombia, Brazil and Chile. Thrown in to the collective pot are the Caribbean beats of Ska and Reggae, as well as fun, soul and jazz for a truly eclectic recipe.