Hold the line (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Tickets on sale now! Our 2nd annual celebration of Waterloo Region's Countryside Line will be taking place Friday, September 7th and Saturday, September 8th!
Come out to Fertile Ground Farm and join us for cycling, music, local food, craft beverages, and camping...- all to showcase what makes our community #wrawesome!
Join us on Saturday for:
- cycling rides of the 126 km perimeter of the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge Countryside Line, or the 32km Wellesley Line;
- performances by artists and musicians; and
- healthy local foods, beverages, and craft beers!
And come out for the pre-party on Friday:
- a community choir jam and sing-along led by Onion Honey;
- dance party & campfire - weather permitting!;
- more delicious food & drink options; and
- optional camping under the stars!
Come for one day or both!
For more information and tickets, visit www.holdthelinewr.org
The Region of Waterloo’s Countryside Line protects our rural lands from the pressures of urban sprawl - it's innovative, bold, and impactful.
The Line supports farmers who grow our food, protects the underground aquifers that give us clean drinking water, and supports the recreational areas we enjoy.
It protects the distinctiveness of rural communities at a time when other cities in Ontario are annexing rural areas for suburban expansion.
Since the Countryside Line was created in 2003, it has pushed us be smarter with our urban development. Waterloo Region is now a place that is growing up, instead of growing out, and other communities are taking notice of our leadership.
But we can't take this progress for granted. Development pressure threatens to weaken the Countryside Line and pave over farms, forests and wetlands, putting our shared resources at risk. It takes all of us to remind our decision-makers that the Line should be celebrated and strengthened for future generations. It will take all of us to Hold The Line.
Let's celebrate it!